History – ABC/Regal Derby

The Regal opened on the 27th June 1938 with the film “Marie Walewska” with Greta Garbo and Charles Boyer.  The last day of operation was the 14th July 1984 with a special screen of “Thats Entertainment” and a special nostalgic supporting programme.  The official seating capacity of the cinema was 1,840

Exterior of the cinema.
Exterior of the cinema on the last day of operation.
Entrance foyer to the cinema on the opening day in June 1938.
Entrance foyer to the cinema in 1978.
Projection room in 1978.
The auditorium of the cinema from the stalls in June 1938.
One of the only pictures of the Compton shown at stage level in the Regal/ABC Derby.